Please be on the lookout for any of the following road closures within the Centre Region:
- South Burrowes Street between West Calder Way and West Beaver Avenue will be closed from 7 a.m. Monday, July 19, through 7 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 6, while contractor Leonard S. Fiore replaces bus stops and pavement. The work is related to construction of Penn State’s James Building replacement, which is expected to be completed this fall. Please note the road will be closed to both pedestrians and vehicles during the work.
- East Calder Way between South Pugh Street and South Allen Street will be closed from 8-11 p.m. on July 20, Aug. 3 and Aug. 10 for the Downtown State College Improvement District’s free outdoor movie series, “Summer Family Flicks.”
- East Calder Way between Hiester and Garner streets and Hiester Street between Calder Way and East Beaver Avenue will be closed from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Aug. 18-22 for apartment move-in at HERE State College, 131 Hiester Street.
- The 200 block of South Allen Street between Beaver Avenue and Foster Avenue will be closed from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sept. 12 for Housing Transitions’ annual Food Truck Rally. The event will have eight to 12 food vendors, lawn games, a bounce house, live music and auction and information tables.
- For Penn State’s home football games (Sept. 11, 18 and 25; Oct. 2 and 23; and Nov. 13 and 20), approvals were given for alternating one-way traffic pregame and postgame on Park Avenue and Porter Road, and road controls at the North Atherton Street-Park Avenue intersection, University Drive from East College Avenue to Park Avenue and Orchard Road from Park Avenue to Puddintown Road.
State College Borough Council approved the typical lifting of overnight street parking restrictions for special event periods. Those include:
- The week of Aug. 16-22 leading up to the start of Penn State’s fall semester;
- 2 a.m. on Sept. 4 through 6 a.m. on Sept. 6 for Labor Day weekend;
- 2 a.m. Saturdays through 6 a.m. Sundays for Penn State home football weekends.