Images from Halfmoon Township
Skip navigation links
Halfmoon Township
Contact Us
What's New: Fire Works


Fire Works


It’s the time of the year where fireworks are displayed. Since the Township office is starting to receive complaints and questions here are some basics. 

State law allows consumers to purchase and use “Class C” or “consumer grade” fireworks that include firecrackers, Roman Candles, bottle rockets, and similar fireworks that contain a maximum to 50 milligrams of explosive material. The expansion includes those fireworks that were previously only available to out of state residents. 

“Display fireworks” which are classified as including salutes that contain more than two grains or 130 milligrams of explosive materials and professional-grade aerial shells containing more than 60 grams of pyrotechnic compositions, are still only to be used by professionals with a permit from the municipality where the display will take place. 

Anyone over 18 years of age can purchase fireworks. 

Fireworks cannot be ignited or discharged on a public or private property without the express permission of the property owner. 

They cannot be discharged from or within a motor vehicle or building. 

They cannot be discharged toward a motor vehicle or building. 

They cannot be discharged within 150 feet of an occupied structure. 

They cannot be discharged while the person is under the influence of alcohol, a controlled substance, or another drug. 

If you feel there is a violation of any of the above, please contact the State Police at 814-342-3370.





Created at 6/25/2018 10:45 AM by Amy Smith
Last modified at 6/25/2018 10:45 AM by Amy Smith